It’s that time again for construction students, construction professionals, and advanced constructors to validate their understanding of critical concepts in construction management.
We encourage you to take note of the Fall 2023 exam dates for both the Certified Associate Constructor (CAC) Level I certification and the Certified Professional Constructor (CPC) Level II certification.
Sitting for and passing an AIC exam will prepare you for advancement as a construction professional. Earning professional certification will help you stand out from other constructors and position you for greater roles managing complex construction projects.
View the following information about registering for the CAC and CPC exams.
Which Exam Should You Register For?
– The CAC Level I exam tests the knowledge and understanding of construction students in an accredited Construction Management degree program. The exam is typically a graduation requirement for students to obtain their degree.
The CAC exam is also available to construction professionals who are seeking to validate they have a solid foundation of construction knowledge and skills to support career advancement. Candidates must have at least four years of qualified educational experience and/or real-world construction experience.
– The CPC Level II exam is for experienced construction professionals who have at least eight years of combined educational experience and/or construction management experience.
To ensure that you are qualified for this rigorous examination, constructors must register and submit an application before they are approved to sit for the exam. Please find details on this process below.
Dates for Fall 2023 AIC Exams
Take note of the following CAC and CPC exam dates so that you can prepare to certify your commitment to construction excellence.
CAC Level 1 Fall Registration
Application Period: The CAC Fall exam application period will begin on August 31st and conclude on September 10th.
Registration Period: The CAC Fall exam registration period will begin on September 18th and conclude on October 1st.
– For students: the CAC Paper/Pencil exam is scheduled for November 4th. Your program administrator will communicate information to you about their specific exam policies. Take note that the paper/pencil exam is only available for students at colleges and universities.
– Online University exam dates:
- CAC University Computer-Based Exam Dates: November 4-12, 2023
- Please contact your university for details.
– For professionals: if you are approved to sit for the CAC exam, you will have the option to register for the exam during the following testing window:
- CAC Computer-Based Exam Dates: November 4-12, 2023 (administered at a third-party network of computer-based testing locations).
CPC Level II Fall Registration
We offer the CPC Level II exam for advanced construction professionals that have a sufficient amount of professional experience and meet the minimum requirements for managing the execution of construction work. Passing the exam will position you for a promotion as you advance in your career path.
There is a two-week registration and application period from September 18 – October 1, 2023. We require that aspiring CPCs complete the registration and submit their application during this time frame so that we can review your credentials. If approved, you will have the opportunity to take the exam during the following period of time:
- CPC Exam Period: November 4-12, 2023 (administered at a third-party network of computer-based testing locations).
Complete the CAC Pre-Exam Course
If you are approved to sit for the CAC Level I exam, we recommend that you complete the CAC Level I Online Study Course to help you prepare.
This self-paced, pre-exam course will guide you through the topics and questions that will be asked during your exam. You will be able to get acclimated with the material, assess your current understanding of construction concepts, and close knowledge gaps before taking the exam.
Have Questions About the CAC or CAC Exams? Contact AIC
AIC exams are challenging and comprehensive. They are designed to validate whether anyone from a construction student to a seasoned constructor has the credentials to manage construction projects in various roles.
By maintaining strict requirements, we ensure that only the most qualified construction professionals receive certification.
If you qualify for the CAC or CPC exam, we encourage you to start the application process on August 31, 2023 to secure your spot during the Fall 2023 exam window. (College students, you will receive instructions directly from the Construction Management program administrator or support staff at your college or university.)
We only offer certification twice per year, so you would have to wait until the Spring 2024 exam window for the next opportunity to become certified.
– Need more information about the CPC or CAC exams? Contact us today to learn more about the application process, registration schedule, and other important information about certification.