Support Your Career Path as a Construction ProfessionalEarn CPD Credits Through Construction Education Opportunities
As a Certified Professional Constructor (CPC), you must earn 32 Hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) every 2 years to maintain your status. AIC is committed to helping all of our CPCs earn those hours within AIC or through our partner providers that offer construction education opportunities.
Ways to Earn CPD Credit
– Become An AIC Member: AIC members receive 1 CPD Credit per year of membership. AIC members also have access to free and discounted education. Join as a Professional Member or Young Professional Member to get access today. Note that you may be certified but not an AIC member.
- AIC Membership starts at $125 per year for Young Professional Members (age 30 and under).
- AIC Membership is $250 per year for Professional Members.
– Submit Exam Questions: Earn 1 CPD Credit for every 2 questions submitted. Submit questions here.
– Take A Course: Use our partner resources to take a continuing education course or attend a webinar. Find out how to access these courses and webinars.
– Find an Event: Find CPD approved events listed in the AIC Event Calendar. If you become an AIC Professional or Young Professional Member, you can receive a 20% discount on Lorman Education Products and a 30% discount on Construction Pro Network Webinars.
– Get Involved: Join AIC and get involved with an AIC Committee to earn Membership & Service CPD credits. Find out how to join an AIC committee. If you would like to join a Commission Committee such as the Examination or Skills and Knowledge Committees, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Review Journal Articles: Help review Journal submissions for The Professional Constructor – The Journal of the AIC. Contact Journal Editor Jason Lucas (email@example.com) for more information.
– Write a Blog or Newsletter Article for AIC: The AIC Newsletter is published the 4th Thursday of each month, and we are always looking for new content contributors. Submit an article or blog for consideration for the Newsletter or to be published on the AIC Website and earn a CPD Credit. Submit your articles or blogs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Become the Constructor of the Month or Submit a Featured Project: Are you a CPC looking to get more exposure in the industry? We want to help by featuring you as the Constructor of the Month in the AIC Newsletter or CPC Update. You can also submit a project you are working on to be featured. Email email@example.com to get started.
– Join an Industry Advisory Board: AIC has 40+ University Testing sites, and we continue to look for universities to use and require the AC Examination as part of their program. One way we can expand that number is for our CPCs to join University Industry Advisory Boards (IAB) and help promote the AC Examination. Joining and participating on an IAB is approved for Membership & Service CPD Credits. It is also a great way to shape the future of the industry! View this list of ACCE Accredited Construction Programs. For more information on how you can join an IAB or promote the AC Exam at your IAB, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.