Give Back to the Construction IndustryParticipate in the AIC Education Foundation to Support the Future of Construction
The AIC Education Foundation is a 501c(3) charitable foundation dedicated to providing educational resources and opportunities for professional constructors. The AIC Education Foundation is dedicated to funding various educational programs that directly impact the lives of professional constructors and educators.
Specifically, the AIC Education Foundation helps fund scholarships for university students seeking to earn the Certified Associate Constructor (CAC) designation. The Foundation also promotes The Professional Constructor Journal, a scholarly journal published twice per year by AIC and AIC University, our online education program.
Announcing the 2023 Francis R. Dugan Scholarship Recipient
We are eager to announce the winner of the 2023 Francis R. Dugan Scholarship award, as recognized by the American Institute of Constructors Education (AIC) Foundation. This year’s winner is Michelle Farias, a Construction Management student at the University of Houston!
Michelle was awarded a $2,000 scholarship to support her studies at Houston. She enrolled in Houston’s esteemed program in Fall 2021 and expects to graduate in Spring 2024. Consider her impressive credentials:
- Academic Performance: 4.0 GPA
- Academic Awards and Honors: President’s List and CMAA Scholarship (Spring 2022)
- Industry: internship as a Project Coordinator with a commercial construction company
- Internship Duties: administration and coordination of construction project input into the Procore construction management software.
About the Francis R. Dugan Scholarship
The scholarship was created by the AIC’s Education Foundation to award financial assistance to students in accredited construction management-related Associate and Baccalaureate degree programs.
The scholarship is named for longtime AIC Member and AIC Education Foundation Founder Francis R. Dugan, CPC, FAIC. Mr. Dugan passed away on December 26, 2014. Mr. Dugan was a member of the AIC for over 45 years, a Past National President, and CPC #93. Each year, at least one scholarship is awarded.
Support The AIC Education Foundation
The AIC Education Foundation is funded by contributions from individuals and companies that share the values of providing educational opportunities to professionals in the construction industry. As a 501c(3) charitable organization, all contributions to the AIC Education Foundation are 100% tax deductible.
You can also directly support the AIC Education Foundation. The scholarship was established in 2014 to honor one of the founding members of the AIC and the AIC Education Foundation, Francis R. Dugan. The Dugan Scholarship is awarded yearly to one Construction Management University Student in the amount of $2,000. Become a supporter of the Fran Dugan Scholarship by making a tax-deductible donation today!
Please mail your contribution to:
The American Institute of Constructors Education Foundation
c/o David Mattson, Sr.
D. R. Mattson, Inc.
Post Office Box 27842
Tempe, Arizona 85285-7842
If you prefer to make a direct contribution at your local Edward Jones office, please contact either:
Our Leadership Initiatives
The Board of Trustees consists of the following individuals:
- Andy Wasiniak, FAIC, CPC, Chair
- Tanya Matthews, FAIC, ISP, Immediate Past Chair & Secretary
- David Mattson, Sr., FAIC, CPC, Treasurer
- Mark Giorgi, FAIC
- Joe Matthews, FAIC, CPC
- Jim Redlinger, FAIC, CPC
- Dr. Roger Liska, Ph.D., FAIC, CPC
The AIC Education Foundation’s latest initiatives include the following:
- 2022No scholarship was awarded this year due to COVID.
- 2021Provided continuation capability for Certifications due to COVID-period impacts. No scholarship was awarded this year due to COVID.
- 2017 Funded the development of the CPC Exam Online Prep Course.
- 2015 Funded the revision of the Associate Constructor examination study guide.
- 2014 Created the Fran Dugan Scholarship to award one $2,000 scholarship yearly to a Construction Management Student.
- 2014 Served as lead supporter and donor in the creation of the AIC University online education portal.
- 2013 Supported AIC Constructor Certification Commission Revalidation Study for both the AC (now known as CAC) and CPC exams.
- 2013 Provided funding to complete the Job Task Analysis Survey and the revalidation process that was essential in maintaining the highest quality of examination for the Constructor Certification Program.
- 2010-2013 Funded the AIC Professional Constructor Journal Editor Stipend.