Prepare to Validate Your Commitment to Construction Excellence Valuable Information on the AIC Certification Process
The Constructor Certification Commission is a semi-autonomous organization within AIC that oversees the AIC certification program, including the creation of the examination and the policies and procedures that govern the program. The Commission is governed by a Board of Governors. We require that constructors complete a pre-approval process before taking our exams to ensure that you qualify for the program. The following are our exam policies.
The Constructor Certification Commission recognizes the importance of impartiality, carries out all of its responsibilities in an impartial manner, through its Policies and Procedures effectively manages conflict of interest, and ensures objectivity of all of its certification activities. In addition, The Commission does not contract with any entity for certification decisions. All Commission business shall be conducted in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, including the Americans with Disabilities Act and all Federal Antitrust legislation.
– Retaking an Exam: You may retake the examination as many times as you need until you pass. Only your final, passing score will be counted.
– Re-exam Fees:
- Associate Constructor $155
- Certified Professional Constructor $500
To re-take an exam, please login with the account you created when first applying and complete the online registration. You are not required to submit additional documentation for your reexamination application if you are reapplying within 2 years of your first attempt.
– Rescheduling: Candidates not able to sit for the examination on the date or location for which they registered must notify AIC Constructor Certification Commission in writing or email as soon as possible. You may reschedule or cancel your exam for any reason, provided you let the Commission know at least 30 days prior to the application. All cancellation and reschedule requests must be by emailing us at [email protected].
– Cancellations: You may cancel your exam registration up to 30 days before the exam date and be refunded your exam fee minus a $105 processing fee. Cancellation requests within 30 days of the exam will not be processed and no refunds will be given.
– Emergencies and Exceptions: In certain circumstances, you may reschedule or cancel your exam at no charge. In most cases, only medical emergencies and national service (such as military deployment) qualify for no-fee rescheduling.
– Exam Appeals: The AIC Constructor Certification Commission offers the opportunity for individuals to request an appeal for any adverse decisions that they believe were delivered unjustly, and that you would like reconsidered. For those who have taken an examination, you can appeal:
- Denial of admission to take the examination.
- Denial of request to transfer or reschedule examination.
- Delivery of a failing score on an examination.
– Exam Appeal Fees: Denial of admission to take examination (including denial of request to transfer or reschedule examination):
- Level I Examination – $40.00
- Level II Examination – $50.00
Failure of Certification Examination:
- Level I Examination – $30.00
- Level II Examination – $60.00
To submit an appeal, please use the proper form and submit all fees with the form. Appeals will only be considered if the appropriate fee is submitted with the documentation. All appeals must be submitted within 30 days of the exam score release.
Contact AIC To Coordinate Certification Sessions
For administrator and university professionals looking to coordinate CAC or CPC certification sessions, please reach out directly to Gregg Bradshaw at [email protected] and Ethan Gray at [email protected].