The Mark of a Construction Management LeaderAIC Certification: Certified Professional Constructor (CPC) Level II Exam
Certified Professional Constructor (CPC) is the highest level of certification in the Constructor Certification Program. This level of certification is ideal for established constructors who have several years of project oversight experience and are seeking to take their career to the next level. Individuals that pursue the CPC designation should be experienced at managing the process of construction. Why is a CPC important?
- CPCs have verified experience and skills.
- CPCs create peace of mind that a project is managed efficiently and effectively.
- CPCs are committed to ethics and professionalism managing and implementing projects by adhering to the AIC Code of Ethics.
The Registration Period
For construction professionals that apply online, you will receive confirmation of whether you have been approved to sit for the exam you are qualified to take. You will then have a few weeks to register for the CPC exam.
- Registration Period: February 20-March 5, 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
The Exam Dates
Once you are approved and registered to sit for one exam, you will have a weeklong opportunity to complete the exam at an approved computer-based testing location.
- Exam Window: the CPC exam window is April 8-16, 2023.
- We will send you specific information about where you can take the computer-based exam. If you do not receive information, contact [email protected].
Qualifications for CPC Exam
To qualify to sit for the Level II certification examination, the individual must have:
- A CAC certification in good standing or have met the below noted Exemption from Level I Examination criteria, and
- Have four years of additional acceptable Qualifying Education, Qualifying Experience, or a combination at the time of application beyond that required to take the Level I examination. Of the Qualifying Experience, at least 2 years must be managing a project or a substantial portion of a construction project. Please refer to the CPC Handbook for more details, including definitions of Qualifying Education and Experience.
Exemption from Level I Examination
To be eligible for the exemption, the applicant must have:
- 8 years of Qualifying Education, Experience, or a combination. Of the Qualifying Experience, at least 2 years must be managing a project or a substantial portion of a construction project.
Fees For CPC Exam
- 1st Time Test-Taker/Current Associate Constructor (CAC): $575
- 1st Time Test-Taker/Non-CAC: $675
- Re-Examinee: $500
The Result of Completing the CPC Level II Exam
Established constructors that complete the CPC Level II Exam will be able to demonstrate a high level of skill and knowledge in the ethical management of construction projects. The exam is designed to test your ability to apply recognized principles and use your professional work experience to solve problems, evaluate information, and predict the outcome. The exam covers the following areas:
- Project Scope Development
- Employment Practices
- Working Relationships
- Construction Start-up and Support
- Construction Resource Management
- Construction Cost Control
- Project Closeout
- Construction Safety Management
- Newly Certified Members Receive an Official AIC Certificate
The Requirements of the CPC Level II Exam
The CPC Level II Exam is broken down into the following aspects:
- The CPC exam is composed of 175 multiple choice questions testing your analysis and problem solving skills. The exam consists of one 4-hour session.
- The exam is divided into 9 major subject and content areas to evaluate your applications, analysis, and evaluation abilities.
- The 9 areas are further broken down into component parts to clarify the level of understanding expected.
- The exam is given twice per year (spring and fall) at 60+ locations across the country.
Contact AIC To Coordinate Certification Sessions
For administrator and university professionals looking to coordinate CAC or CPC certification sessions, please reach out directly to Gregg Bradshaw at [email protected] and Ethan Gray at [email protected].
To help prepare you for the CPC Level II Exam, you can download the current CPC Leve II Exam Study guide for free.
Note: Our study guides are password protected. Once you have registered and been approved to take the exam, we will send you a password to download the free study guide corresponding to the CPC exam.