The Mark of a Construction Management LeaderAIC Certification: Certified Professional Constructor (CPC) Level II Exam
Certified Professional Constructor (CPC) is the highest level of certification in the Constructor Certification Program. This level of certification is ideal for established constructors who have several years of project oversight experience and are seeking to take their career to the next level. Individuals that pursue the CPC designation should be experienced at managing the process of construction. Why is a CPC important?
- CPCs have verified experience and skills.
- CPCs create peace of mind that a project is managed efficiently and effectively.
- CPCs are committed to ethics and professionalism managing and implementing projects by adhering to the AIC Code of Ethics.
2022 CPC Level 2 Spring Registration
Registration/Application Period: February 25-March 12, 2022
CPC Exam Period: April 8-23, 2022
All CPC Exams are administered at a 3rd party network of computer-based testing locations.
Qualifications for CPC Exam
To qualify for Certified Professional Constructor, an individual must meet the qualifications and have passed or been exempted from AC Level 1 (Construction Fundamentals) and attain four years of additional Acceptable Professional Experience beyond that required to sit for the Level 1 exam.
Acceptable Professional Experience must include a minimum of two years managing the execution of construction work. Working in a related profession having its own standards of professional performance such as architecture, engineering design, inspection, land surveying or accounting are not included as Professional Experience.
A professional practitioner of construction, as defined by the AIC Constructor Certification Commission, is an individual who possesses the skills and knowledge acquired by education and experience to manage the execution of all or a substantial portion of construction works.
Fees For CPC Exam
- 1st Time Test-Taker/Current Associate Constructor (AC): $575
- 1st Time Test-Taker/Non-AC: $675
- Re-Examinee: $500
The Result of Completing the CPC Level II Exam
Established constructors that complete the CPC Level II Exam will be able to demonstrate a high level of skill and knowledge in the ethical management of construction projects. The exam is designed to test your ability to apply recognized principles and use your professional work experience to solve problems, evaluate information, and predict the outcome. The exam covers the following areas:
- Project Scope Development
- Employment Practices
- Working Relationships
- Construction Start-up and Support
- Construction Resource Management
- Construction Cost Control
- Project Closeout
- Construction Safety Management
- Newly Certified Members Receive an Official AIC Certificate
The Requirements of the CPC Level II Exam
The CPC Level II Exam is broken down into the following aspects:
- The CPC exam is composed of 175 multiple choice questions testing your analysis and problem solving skills. The exam consists of one 4-hour session.
- The exam is divided into 9 major subject and content areas to evaluate your applications, analysis, and evaluation abilities.
- The 9 areas are further broken down into component parts to clarify the level of understanding expected.
- The exam is given twice per year (spring and fall) at 60+ locations across the country.