AIC (American Institute of Constructors) is proud to announce the winners of the 2021 AIC National Awards Program, which recognizes the achievements of men and women who have accelerated constructor excellence.
2021 National AIC Award Winners
The AIC National Awards Program celebrates the contributions of construction professionals who have served our organization and the industry with passion. This year’s winners exemplify our values through their service to AIC, the construction industry, and their local community.
The following individuals and organizations embody the very best of what AIC strives to achieve.
Congratulations to our award winners! They demonstrated a clear commitment to excellence and professionalism, which is the cornerstone of what makes AIC the home of the professional constructor. We would like to further explain the significance of each award.
Background on Each of Our AIC Awards
Each of our awards has a unique story to tell. Consider the significance of the awards that we give out on an annual basis.
– AIC Liska Dugan Lifetime Achievement Award: This award is given to an individual who has demonstrated a profound effect on construction education over a lifetime of achievements that promote the core values of AIC and support the development of the next generation of professional construction leadership. This AIC award is named in honor of Francis Dugan and Dr. Roger Liska, who have embodied the achievements this Award is intended to recognize. Congratulations to 2021 recipient Jim Nissen, CPC!
– AIC Award: This award honors young AIC members who have distinguished themselves by their work conduct, dedication to their profession, and effort on behalf of AIC. Congratulations to 2021 recipient Murray Papendorf, CPC!
– AIC Constructor Certification Commission Stephen Byrne Award: This award is given to an individual who has supported the advancement of Constructor Certification at a high level. The winner of this award has demonstrated a high level of support for advancing our industry and Constructor Certification.
The award was established in 2013 to honor the late Stephen Byrne, CPC. Steve served as the AIC National President and Chair of the AIC Constructor Certification Commission. His leadership and dedication as an AIC member captured what a true Professional Constructor should look like. This award honors the legacy of Steve and what he stood for. Congratulations to 2021 recipient Dr. Dennis Bausman, CPC, FAIC.
– AIC Constructor Certification Commission National Company Award of Excellence: This award recognizes a company that has supported and promoted Constructor Certification at a high level. Each year’s winner is determined to have shown tremendous support of the program by recruiting CPCs or ACs, requiring certification of employees, and rewarding those that obtain certification. Congratulations to 2021 recipient Conroe ISD Planning and Construction Staff in Conroe, Texas!
Note: the AC Level I Certification is now the CAC Level I Certification, as of November 2022.
– AIC W.A. Klinger Construction Education Award: This award recognizes construction educators or academicians who have distinguished themselves through teaching, research, and/or service. Each year’s winner must have a proven track record of advancing the construction profession, the nominees’ institution of learning, and their country. Congratulations to 2021 recipient Dr. Lana Coble, CPC!
– Jack Kinnaman AIC Leadership Award: The purpose of this award is to honor corporate leaders who have used their voice and taken action to support AIC. We recognize leaders who have taken a visible leadership role in AIC and have encouraged their colleagues and employees to join and support AIC. Congratulations to 2021 recipient Gregg Bradshaw, CPC, FAIC.
– AIC Walter Nashert Constructor Award: This award recognizes a talented person who has gained high visibility in the construction industry. The recipient need not be an AIC member. However, the recipient should have established a reputation of integrity and fair dealing. The recipient could be the head of a contractor’s association, executive of a large construction company, or someone who was a team leader of a successful high-profile project. Congratulations to 2021 recipient Dr. Charles Berryman, CPC, FAIC.
Thank You for Participating in the AIC Awards Program
We are encouraged by the outpouring of submissions for so many worthy construction professionals. We appreciate everyone that participated in this year’s award program by nominating a constructor, receiving an award, and/or attending the conference.
We look forward to seeing everyone again next year for the 2022 National AIC Awards Program. Look for updates near the end of the year on when you can submit nominations.
– Not an AIC member? Want to become more involved in AIC? Learn more about how you can join our organization or deepen your involvement in AIC. We look forward to hearing from you.