Each year, the American Institute of Constructors (AIC) has the honor of recognizing AIC members who have distinguished themselves in the construction industry.
Constructors who meet specific criteria – such as maintaining an AIC classification of Professional Member or a CPC for at least ten years, possessing a distinguished background of service to the construction community, having a good standing as an AIC member, being of at least 40 years of age, and committing to promote the mission of AIC – have the opportunity to be invited to the AIC College of Fellows.
Fellowship is the highest honor that AIC members can receive. Nominees must hold a position of eminence in the industry, be elected by a majority of current Fellows, and demonstrate a consistent pattern of professional performance.
After a careful and thorough review of this year’s nominations, we are proud to welcome an accomplished group of constructors and educators to this fraternity.
The 2022 AIC College of Fellows
We are proud to announce this year’s class of AIC College of Fellows that have obtained the highest level of membership that AIC offers.
- Dr. Charles Berryman of Louisiana State University (LSU)
- Gregg Bradshaw at Joe D. Hall General Contractors, LLC
- Greg Carendar at EdgeConneX
- Brian Holley at Swinerton
- Richard Lawrence at Siciliano
- Brad Monson at Swinerton
- Dr. James Tramel of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UA-LR)
This year’s class received recognition during our annual forum on February 22 that took place during the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE) gathering in Irving, Texas. We would like to share more information about each of these new fellows.
– Dr. Charles Berryman currently serves on the AIC Board of Directors. Dr. Berryman has distinguished himself in the Department of Construction Management at LSU, where he is a construction professor and Chair of the Construction Management department. He is also Chair of the Contractors Educational Trust Fund (CETF) Professorship. Through AIC, he is a Certified Professional Constructor (CPC).
– Gregg Bradshaw is on the AIC Board of Directors. Gregg became a Certified Professional Constructor (CPC) in March 2006 and holds a degree in Construction Management Technology from Oklahoma State University. He currently serves in a leadership role for Joe D. Hall General Contractors, LLC. Throughout his construction career, Gregg has demonstrated an excellent history of leading companies involved in construction. His professional skills include value engineering, contracts, project estimating, and team building.
– Greg Carendar is a past president of the AIC organization and a CPC. Greg holds multiple degrees and certifications from institutes such as Stanford University, Cornell University, Purdue University, and Robert Gordon University. Greg is currently the Senior Vice President, Global PMO at EdgeConneX. He has 20+ years of professional experience providing leadership for construction and capital improvement projects. Throughout his wide-spanning career, Greg has worked on some of the largest projects in the world and has experience across a variety of international infrastructure projects.
– Brian Holley is a long-time past president of AIC and currently serves on the AIC Board. Brian is a CPC with a degree in Construction Management from Colorado State University. He is currently the Healthcare Market Lead and Project Executive for Swinerton. Brian possesses 20+ years of building industry experience and approaches each day with a clear focus on creating success for his clients, staff, and partners.
– Richard (Rick) Lawrence is the long-time president of Siciliano, Inc., a leading contractor in Illinois that has earned the reputation of providing customers with superior construction work and innovative ideas. For more than 25 years as president, Richard has distinguished himself in the areas of construction management, strategic planning, contract negotiation, and value engineering.
– Brad (Bradley) Monson currently serves on the AIC Board. Brad has a long history of supporting the AIC organization as Membership Chair, Vice President, and in other roles dating back to 2006, which is when he obtained his CPC certification. Brad is currently a Senior Project Manager for Swinerton and holds a degree in Construction Management from Colorado St. University.
– Dr. James (Mike) Tramel is Chair of the Construction Management Department at the University of Arkansas-Little Rock. Dr. Tramel also serves on the Faculty Senate at UA-LR and is co-chair of their Undergraduate Council. Each year, he teaches several courses for the Construction Specifications Institute and serves on the Arkansas Construction Education Foundation. He obtained a degree in construction supervision from Northern Arizona University and holds other degrees from Arizona State University and Glendale Community College.
Nominate a Worthy AIC Member for the College of Fellows
The College of Fellows is a community of AIC members who have participated in the AIC organization for a respected length of time. As you can see, these individuals have distinguished careers and educational backgrounds that make them worthy of this honor.
Each year, we receive nominations for the AIC College of Fellows. Nominees must be endorsed by at least two high-ranking AIC members. Those nominated must then receive a majority vote to be approved by the current College of Fellows.
– Check back at the end of 2022 for the opportunity to nominate a deserving AIC member for this recognition. You can also access the directory of current AIC College of Fellows to connect with our most distinguished constructors.
– Not a current AIC member? We encourage you to get involved in the organization to advance your career path in construction. Learn more about how to join our organization.