AIC (American Institute of Constructors) is eager to announce the winners of the 2022 AIC National Awards. The annual awards program is designed to honor men and women in our organization who have displayed a deep commitment to accelerating constructor excellence in the industry.
On Tuesday, February 14, 2003, we held an AIC awards recognition ceremony during our annual AIC forum held in conjunction with the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE) mid-year conference in the Dallas, Texas area. Here are this year’s winners!
2022 AIC National Awards Winners
The AIC National Awards Program celebrates the contributions of construction professionals who have consistently served our organization and the industry. This year’s winners exemplify the values of our organization, the construction industry, and local communities.
The following individuals and organizations embody the very best of AIC.
Congratulations to our award winners! They have demonstrated a clear commitment to excellence, ethics, and professionalism over the past year and throughout their careers. We would like to explain further the significance of each award.
Background on Each of Our AIC Awards
Each of our awards tells a unique story. Consider the significance of the awards that we give out on an annual basis.
– AIC Liska/Duggan Lifetime Achievement Award: This award is given to an individual who has demonstrated a profound effect on construction education over a lifetime of achievements that promote the core values of AIC and support the development of the next generation of professional construction leadership. We named this award after Francis Duggan and Dr. Roger Liska, who embodied the achievements this award intends to recognize.
- Congratulations to 2022 recipient Andy Wasiniak, CPC of Walbridge.
– AIC Member Award: This award honors young AIC members who have distinguished themselves by their work conduct, dedication to their profession, and effort on behalf of AIC.
- Congratulations to 2022 recipient Easy Foster, CPC, of the Conroe Independent School District (CISD).
– AIC Constructor Certification Commission Stephen Byrne Award: This award is given to an individual who has supported the advancement of Constructor Certification at a high level. The winner of this award has demonstrated a high level of support for advancing our industry and Constructor Certification.
The award was established in 2013 to honor the late Stephen Byrne, CPC. Steve served as the AIC National President and Chair of the AIC Constructor Certification Commission. His leadership and dedication as an AIC member captured what a true Professional Constructor should look like. This award honors the legacy of Steve and what he stood for.
- Congratulations to 2022 recipient Garry Claflin of T Diamond Bar, LLC.
– AIC Constructor Certification Commission National Company Award of Excellence: This award recognizes a company that has supported and promoted Constructor Certification at a high level. Each year’s winner is determined to have shown tremendous support of the program by recruiting CACs and CPCs, requiring certification of employees, and rewarding those that obtain certification.
- Congratulations to the 2022 recipient, Bert S. Turner Department of Construction Management at Louisiana State University (LSU).
– W.A. Klinger Construction Education Award: This award recognizes construction educators or academicians who have distinguished themselves through teaching, research, and/or service. Each year’s winner must have a proven track record of advancing the construction profession, the nominees’ institution of learning, and their country.
- Congratulations to 2022 recipient Hugh Cronin, CPC of Cronin PM Group.
– Jack Kinnaman AIC Leadership Award: The purpose of this award is to honor corporate leaders who have used their voices and taken action to support AIC. We recognize leaders who have taken a visible leadership role in AIC and have encouraged their colleagues and employees to join and support AIC.
- Congratulations to 2022 recipient Tanya Matthews, CPC of TMG Construction.
– AIC Walter Nashert Constructor Award: This award recognizes a talented person who has gained high visibility in the construction industry. The recipient does not need to be an AIC member. However, the recipient should have established a reputation of integrity and fair dealing. The recipient could be the head of a contractor’s association, the executive of a large construction company, or someone who was a team leader of a successful high-profile project.
- Congratulations to 2022 recipient Marty Garza, CPC of Joeris.
Thank You for Participating in the 2022 AIC National Awards
We are encouraged by the outpouring of submissions for worthy AIC members and industry professionals who have distinguished themselves in construction. We appreciate everyone that participated in this year’s award program by nominating a constructor, receiving an award, and/or attending the AIC conference in Texas.
We look forward to seeing everyone again in 2024 for the 2023 AIC National Awards Program. Look for updates near the end of the year on when you can submit nominations.
– Not an AIC member? Want to become more involved in AIC? Learn more about how you can join our organization or deepen your involvement in AIC.