Establish Your Career in Construction ManagementAIC Certification: Associate Constructor (AC) Level I Exam
Associate Constructor (AC) is the first level of certification in the Constructor Certification Program. This level of certification is ideal for recent graduates of a 4-Year Construction Management Program or those transitioning into construction management from other industries.
Professionals applying for the AC Exam have a high level of skill and knowledge in managing and implementing the process of construction. Why is this important?
- ACs bring value to any project as they have a verified skill and knowledge level.
- ACs create peace of mind for project owners as a trustworthy, high-performing individual.
- ACs elevate the safety of a work site with confirmed knowledge of best practices.
- ACs seek continual professional improvement through our required Continuing Professional Development program.
- ACs agree to abide by the AIC Code of Ethics, which ensures that you are committed to being a professional and ethical member of the industry.
Spring 2022 AC Level 1 Examination Dates & Deadlines
- AC Spring Exam Registration will begin February 21-March 12th, 2022
- AC Paper/Pencil Exam Date – April 9, 2022
- AC University Computer-based Exam Dates – April 9-28, 2022
Qualifications for the AC Exam
There are no specific qualifications that must be met to take the Associate Constructor (AC) exam.
We do provide the following guidance so that you can determine if this exam is a good fit:
- The AC is ideal for recent graduates of a 4-year Construction Management degree program.
- Or, the AC is ideal for individuals who are transitioning into construction management from other career paths and industries.
Fees For Associate Construction Exam
- Traditional Paper/Pencil: $165 (administered through university partners).
- Computer-Based, University-Proctored: $200 (administered through university partners).
- Computer-Based, Test-Center Proctored: $235 (delivered through our test-center network).
The Result of Completing the AC Level I Exam
Construction professionals that complete the AC Level I Exam will be able to demonstrate a high level of skill and knowledge in managing the process of construction covering the following areas:
- Communication Skills
- Engineering Management
- Management Concepts
- Materials, Methods & Project Modeling
- Bidding and Estimating
- Budgeting, Costs & Cost Control
- Planning, Scheduling & Schedule Control
- Construction Safety
- Construction Geomatics
- Project Administration
- Newly Certified Members Receive an Official AIC Certificate
The Components of the AC Level 1 Exam
The AC Level I Exam is broken down into the following aspects:
- The AC exam is made up of 300 multiple choice questions, given during two 4-hour sessions on a single day.
- The exam covers 10 separate sections to demonstrate that you have a core competency in construction and are ready to contribute meaningfully to the construction industry.
- The exam is given twice per year (spring and fall) at 60+ locations across the country.
- 50+ university Construction Management Programs currently administer the AC exam. Most require the exam as part of their program curriculum.