Construction management students and professionals have a fresh opportunity to confirm their expertise in the area of construction management.
The American Institute of Constructors (AIC) is offering our latest exam window for the Certified Associate Constructor (CAC) Level I certification and the Certified Professional Constructor (CPC) Level II certification.
Learn about key CAC and CPC exam dates and other essential information during the spring window so that you can prepare to demonstrate your standing in the construction industry.
Information About the Spring 2024 AIC Certification Exam Dates
Take note of the following important dates during the spring exam window.
1. The Application Period
The first step toward sitting for the CAC or CPC exam is to apply for the exam you are qualified to take.
– The CAC exam is designated for expected graduates of an accredited Construction Management Program or professionals who have not sat for the initial exam.
– The CPC exam is set aside for seasoned construction professionals who have amassed at least eight years of qualified experience through education and real-world project management.
- Application Period: February 10-February 20, 2024
- Visit the CAC or CPC certification website pages to apply for the appropriate exam.
Please note: only construction professionals need to apply for the CAC or CPC exam through our website.
If you are a student in a construction management degree program seeking to take the CAC Level I exam as part of your graduation requirement, you do not need to apply online. You will receive an application form provided by your current college or university.
2. The Registration Period
For construction professionals who apply online, you will receive confirmation of whether you have been approved to sit for the exam you are qualified to take. You will then have time to register for the CAC or CPC exam.
- Registration Period: February 23-March 4, 2024
3. The Exam Dates
Once you are approved and registered to sit for one of our two exams, you will have an opportunity to complete the exam at an approved computer-based testing location.
- Exam Window: The computer-based exam window is April 6-14, 2024.
- We will send you specific information about where you can take the computer-based exam. If you do not receive information, contact [email protected].
Note for students: The National Exam Date for the Paper/Pencil exam is April 6, 2024. This form of the exam is only available for students (not construction professionals) and will be administered through your school. The instructor will provide specific information to you about where, when, and how to take the exam.
Who Can Sit For Each AIC Exam?
To ensure a complete understanding of who is qualified to take the certifications, let’s take a closer look at the standard requirements.
CAC Certification Requirements
– For professionals: we offer the CAC Level I exam to established construction professionals who have a solid foundation of construction knowledge and skills. To qualify to take the CAC exam, you must meet the following requirements by the time of applying:
- 4 years of Qualifying Experience, Qualifying Education, or a combination of the two factors.
– For students: as mentioned before, this exam is also designed for students preparing to graduate from a Construction Management degree program at an accredited college or university. Students who qualify for the exam must satisfy this criterion:
- Be within 12 months of graduating from a 4-year accredited bachelor’s degree construction program.
Please note that students may sit for the exam before graduating from the degree program. For example, if you plan to graduate in June 2024, you can sit for the exam in April 2024.
However, you will not become certified and receive the designation of a Certified Associate Constructor until you receive your college degree.
CPC Certification Requirements
The CPC exam is only for experienced construction professionals who are highly skilled and experienced in managing complex construction projects.
Our highest level of examination is considered the leading test of a constructor’s experience in the industry. It is designed for construction managers who are capable of managing the execution of all or a substantial portion of construction works.
The exam questions require greater knowledge and a deeper understanding than what is required in the CAC Level I exam.
To apply, register, and sit for the CPC exam, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have passed the CAC Level I exam (or be exempt from taking the CAC exam).
- Be a CAC in good standing with our organization.
- 8 total years of acceptable Qualifying Education, Qualifying Experience, or a combination of the two.
- For Qualifying Experience, at least 2 years must include experience managing a construction project or a substantial portion of a project.
Fee Schedule for CAC and CPC Exams
We invest countless resources into maintaining the highest exam standards in the industry. We charge an exam fee that helps us ensure the integrity of our exams. Please take note of the following fee schedule and the benefits of becoming an AIC member to receive a reduced cost.
CAC Fee Schedule
- Exam preparation fee (all exam-takers): $50
- For University Students: $165 for the Paper / Pencil exam proctored at a university test site.
- For University Students: $200 for an Online proctored exam at a university test site.
- For non-students: $235 for the online exam at Kryterion testing centers.
CPC Fee Schedule
- Exam preparation fee (all exam-takers): $200
- Exam fee (Non-CAC or AIC Member): $900
- Exam fee (Non-CAC but AIC Member): $675
- Exam fee (CAC and Non-Member): $875
- Exam fee (CAC and AIC Member): $575
Have Questions About Spring 2024 AIC Certification Exams?
AIC offers the certification exams only twice per year – during the spring and fall seasons. We want to ensure you are prepared to satisfy all deadlines and requirements so that you can take advantage of our latest exam window.
If you have questions about any of the steps involved in the exam process, the AIC certification exam dates, or the qualifications to sit for the CAC or CPC exam, please contact us for assistance.
We can be reached at [email protected]. We will respond as soon as possible to keep you on track during the current certification exam window.